With just a few steps, you can start chatting with your website visitors using ClickDesk in no time:
Your agent can handle live chats using our feature-rich Agent Dashboard or Google Talk (we no longer support Skype due to its API retirement). We recommend that you use our Agent Dashboard instead and only rely on using GTalk with your phone while on the go.
A few things to note:
- The Agent Dashboard is an all-in-one powerful console that has everything you need – visitor info, chats, tickets, voice and video calls. GTalk, on the other hand, was only meant for chatting on the go using your mobile phone.
- The Agent Dashboard takes precedence on handling chats, so chats won’t reach GTalk if you’re online on your Agent Dashboard too.
- Since GTalk (not Hangouts) is an XMPP-based IM client, you may link it to 3rd party IM apps of your choice. We recommend IM+ for Android users, and vTok for iOS.
Other things you can do before installing ClickDesk on your website:
- Customize the chat widget
- Change your Agent Dashboard URL
- Link your social profiles with Facebook and Twitter
- Setup your proactive triggers, create shortcuts for chats or canned responses for tickets
ClickDesk works with any website for as long as you can freely insert HTML/JS codes to your source code without any restrictions. And since CMS and Shopping Cart platforms are also popular, steps on inserting codes may vary depending on what you’re using. To help our users further, we created tons of live chat plugins and extensions for these platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Opencart and others.
If you’ll paste the codes manually, without the use of our plugins, just do the following:
- Go to https://my.clickdesk.com/#departments/default to copy the HTML codes
- Open the source code of the page where you want the live chat widget to appear
- Paste the codes just right before the closing </body> tag then upload your changes to your web server
- Reload your website to see the changes
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance with the setup. We are happy to help you!