Running an online store isn’t easy. In many ways, it’s even more complicated than running a brick-and-mortar shop: your customer base is potentially huge and global, but how do you attract them? Will they stay on your website and make a purchase? And will they come back? A big portion of ClickDesk’s live chat and helpdesk customers are online stores or some sort of ecommerce sites, so we put together this list of 5 tricks to increase ecommerce conversions. Don’t worry, you can start with one tool and grow from there!
5 Tools Everyone Can Use to Increase Online Store Conversions
- Personalization: Successful personalization is more than just getting on a first name basis with your customers (though that’s a good place to start). It also means using predictive analytics to show personalized offers. Something as simple as a discount on whatever item held the web visitor’s interest can go a long way toward improving conversions.
- Proactive Chat: When you’re ready to add real-time support to your site, the easiest way to increase sales and newsletter signups is to set up chat triggers for proactive chats that encourage interaction with your support staff at the optimal time. This is really an extension of tool number one, personalization. Think of proactive chat like a friendly, savvy, successful salesperson who knows when to approach a customer — and when to let the customer explore options on their own.
- Video Chat: Video chatting increases both sales and retention. There’s no substitute for the human connection, just make sure that you look professional and enthusiastic before pushing that video chat button!
- Exit Intent Popups: Combat exit intent with perfectly timed web grabbers like the automated coupon above from Agile CRM. ClickDesk integrates with Agile and a ton of other CRM and CMS apps, so that once customer data is captured your live chat agents can see that info during chat sessions. But even if you aren’t ready to add live chat to your site, implementing exit intent popups will help increase conversions on a sale-by-sale basis and can also drastically reduce cart abandonment rates.
- Informed Customer Success Agents: When you’re ready to optimize your online retailer’s web performance, it’s essential to think of your customer success team as a part of your web UX. Never leave your agents in the dark. Give them the tools they need to stay informed in real time — whether that means integrations with customer info or group chats where they can talk to each other — and you’ll start to see real results.
We hope you’ll find these tools and tricks to be immensely useful. Drop us a line anytime with ideas, questions or concerns about improving sales and conversions at your online store. We’re here to help.